Saturday, May 2, 2009

Grand Chapter, Order of the Eastern Star

I attended the Membership Banquet for the Grand Chapter of the Minnesota Order of the Eastern Star last night. It was a very nice evening. The photo shows me with Worthy Grand Matron Arlene Steele and Worthy Grand Patron Roger Schmid.

Our sisters and brothers in the OES have made a remarkable commitment to the Partners for Life Campaign of Minnesota Masonic Charities to build a new Cancer Pavilion at the University of Minnesota. The goal of $10 million has almost been reached!

While I have done no scientific research on the subject, in my travels to lodges around Minnesota the past five years, I have observed that where there is a vibrant OES Chapter, there is a lively Blue Lodge as well. Our organizations do truly complement each other, and Masons do well to support the Order of the Eastern Star to the best of our ability.

Not only is it the right thing to do, it is what's called "enlightened self-interest."