Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Debt Paid

You may recall that MWB Craig Hummel, Grand Lodge of Iowa, challenged me to a bet on the Insight Bowl - Iowa State vs. the University of Minnesota. You may also recall that the loser was to don the school colors of the winner. And finally, you will recall that our Golden Gophers snatched defeat from the jaws of victory ...

It had been a long time, and I hadn't heard from MWB Craig, so I hoped he had forgotten the bet. "Vain hope." When invited to bring greetings from the Masons of Iowa during the public opening, he produced a jersey and quite an unusual hat for me to wear.

I suffered through perhaps 15 minutes with the ISU colors. But, when it was time to introduce Dr. Yee from the Masonic Cancer Center at the University of Minnesota, I just couldn't wear it any more.

Fortunately, I just happened to have some Maroon and Gold for the occasion...