Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Counting Down

The Deputy Grand Master will tell you that it was only hours after my installation as Grand Master last year that I announced the number of weeks, days and hours until my term expired.

It is now down to hours.

I'm almost packed. The speeches are almost done. The agenda is almost finalized. But, ready or not, the kick-off to the annual communication is less than 24 hours away.

Patty and I will be heading to St Cloud tomorrow morning. Doug Campbell and Gary Odegard will be loading the truck at the Grand Lodge office and heading north themselves. Tomorrow will be a day of frantic activity and of asking over and again, "What else did I forget?"

But Friday morning, the public opening of the Annual Communication will begin at 9:00 a.m. and all will be well. (That's my story, and I'm sticking to it)

I hope to see many of you in St. Cloud on Friday. Until then - actually, until Saturday afternoon at 1:00 - remember me in your applications to Deity.