Friday, September 18, 2009

Grand Lodge of Iowa


DGM John Cook and I, along with our ladies, are representing the Grand Lodge of Minnesota at the annual communication of the Grand Lodge of Iowa. It has been an informative session. MWB Jack Butler and his officers and staff, and the staff of the Mariott Hotel in Cedar Rapids, have made this a most pleasant experience.

The photo shows DGM Cook being greeted by MWB Butler during the introductions of distinguished guests.

I was received as an honorary member of the Iowa Past Grand Masters Association at lunch today. At least, that is what I was told. I had a better offer for lunch - Grandma and I had lunch with 1st-grader Shane at Westfield Elementary. Great fun!

I also found out the Crescent Lodge No. 25 here in Cedar Rapids is one of the sponsors of the "Lego League" (I never knew there was such a thing!) at Westview. Shanes'older brother, Phillip, is a participant in that league.

Mixing Masonry with family. I'll tell you, it doesn't get much better than this!