Saturday, August 22, 2009

Midwest Shrine Association



The Midwest Shrine Association is having its annual summer convention in Rochester this weekend. Osman Temple of St. Paul is the host, and they are doing a great job!

I wasn’t able to attend the Ceremonial Thursday afternoon, but I heard from one of the candidates, Deputy Grand Master John Cook, that it was a great time.

I was able to participate in the parade Thursday evening. Noble Jim Judisch was my chauffer in a very nice convertible. (Unfortunately, about halfway through the route, rain made us put the top back up!) There is a random shot of the enthusiastic crowd watching the parade….


After the parade, the MSA hosted an “Oasis” at the Olmsted County Fairgrounds. Lots of good food and good fellowship was had.


I wish I could have spent more time in Rochester, but I’m scheduled to attend a day of Job’s Daughters’ Camp. I’m looking forward to that, too!