Friday, February 12, 2010

Visit to Ancient Landmark No. 5


Last night, I attended the stated communication at Ancient Landmark Lodge No. 5 at the Masonic Center in St. Paul. There was a very nice crowd on hand for dinner, including five candidates who will begin their Masonic journey in just a few weeks. I'm shown with candidate Lt. Mickey Crulick, an Iraq veteran who was wounded in the service of our country.

Worshipful Master, Allan Floyd, was kind enough to allow me to make a few remarks after dinner, instead of during the communication, so I could talk to the candidates as well as the brothers.

I was received in form, along with Area Deputy Ken White, District Representatives Dayton Berg and Todd Henderson, and Custodian of the Ritual, Don Olsen. The meeting was quite interesting.

Congratulations to Brother (and Junior Warden) Keith Reierson, who last Saturday passed his Monitor's exam on the First Degree. That is an accomplishment that I truly admire and respect.

Thanks to all the brothers of Ancient Landmark No. 5 for a very warm reception!