Monday, February 8, 2010

In Arizona

Patty and I are in Phoenix for tonight's Table Lodge with Minnesota Masons. PGM Phil Soderberg and WB Ben Holt stopped by for a cup of coffee with us this morning and said they are expecting 40+ for dinner tonight, including ten or more from my home lodge - Sibley Lodge! We are looking forward to another super evening.

In the meantime, Patty and I just returned to the hotel from a fieldtrip to the Desert Botanical Garden, just a few miles away. It was a wonderful time! Lots of different cacti, wildflowers and hummingbirds! (Makes us really ready for summer at Rice Lake!) We picked up an Arizona Christmas tree ornament (try to do that when we travel) and a cactus, which I'm sure I'll kill before the snow leaves Minnesota...

Which, I understand from the weather reports, may be an even longer time ...

Anyway, now we can kick back and relax a bit before heading over to the El Zariba Shrine Center for tonight's festivities! Check back tomorrow for a report and photos from the event.