Friday, February 19, 2010

Our Nation's Capitol


Patty and I are in Washington D.C. a couple days ahead of the North American Conference of Grand Masters. We were waiting for our bags at Ronald Regan Airport when Patty spotted a fez! Turns out it was Noble Jason Williams, and he was looking for us! We f0llowed him to a shuttle that delivered us to our hotel. Thanks, brother Jason and the Grand Lodge of Virginia for such great courtesy! (I only regret that I neglected to pull out my camera for a photo...)

Today (Friday), Patty and I took a tour of the U.S. Capitol and the Library of Congress. It was a great tour!

The first photo is of me across the street from the Supreme Court building. The second was inspired by the Middle Chamber lecture I gave last Tuesday in Sibley Lodge. I had talked about the five Orders of Architecture, but I'm quite sure that did not include the "Corn Cob Column"!

Tomorrow, the rest of the Minnesota delegation arrives and we get set to kick of the conference Sunday morning. I'll try to give an update or two while we're here.