Friday, January 1, 2010

A Mission Statement for the New Year

Instead of the usual ritual of making New Year’s Resolutions, consider this day putting your “Personal Mission Statement” to paper (or your hard drive). A personal mission statement should encapsulate those principles which are the most important to you. As an example, Brother Chuck Nettestad (publisher of the weekly Alexandria (MN) Peace Newsletter) prepared this mission statement last year. With his permission (and his comments after) I share it with you.

Now, where shall I start on MY mission statement? …


Personal Mission Statement

I will live my life with honesty and integrity.

I will strive to keep myself; physically, mentally and spiritually fit.

I will treat people I meet with dignity and respect.

The priorities in my life will be God, family, and duty to my fellow man.

and I will strive to humbly serve my Lord and Creator.


That is it....if you already have a personal mission and wouldn’t mind sharing it with me...please send me a copy. If you make a new one and want to share it please send it to me. peaceinalexandria@hotmail.com

(That e-mail address is also where you can write to sign up for Brother Nettestad’s weekly message.)