Saturday, December 5, 2009

Selim Grotto Installs Officers



I have been invited many times to events of the Selim Grotto, but last night was the first one that worked into my schedule. And what a lovely event it was! The holiday dinner / officer installation was held at the Northland Inn. The food was wonderful, the entertainment by the Osseo Sr. High Mo-Tet just terrific, and the fellowship outstanding.

The Grotto is a fun organization for Masons and their families. From what I can tell, there are very, very few "stag" events. Wives and guests are invited just about every time. And these brothers know how to have fun! (See the photo of the newly-installed Monarch, Marv Schendel, for one of the more interesting traditions of this unit!)

Along with having lots of fun, they raise money for wonderful causes. (See the blog below.)

It was my first Grotto event, but I can say with a high degree of certainty, it will not be my last!