Monday, December 28, 2009

Holidays and Families

This has been a wonderful year, serving as Grand Master. It is not, however, without its drawbacks. One of which is that I have missed games, concerts and birthday parties of my grandsons.

Well, they (and their parents!) all made it to Grandma's house this snowy weekend. It made me reflect on just how blessed I am. Games of Risk, Left-Center-Right (thank you, Worshipful Brother Martz, for turning me on to this game!) and jigsaw puzzles were only part of the festivities. It was the first Christmas for Mason Thomas McCarthy, and his older cousins kept him well entertained!

Everyone arrived back home safely, and the piles made by the snowplow will have the sledding ramps clearly noted until spring, I hope, to serve as a reminder of great times.