Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Masonic Home Veterans Day Lunch







Sometimes, it's good to be lucky. I am working in Shakopee today, and the morning calendar was done early, so I had the opportunity to sneak across the river to the Masonic Home for their 10th annual Veterans Day Lunch.

One photo shows me with Brothers Larry Bachman Ed Martini and Ann. Another with my table-mates - all WWII veterans and their wives. The final photo shows me with WASP pilot Elizabeth Wall Strohfus, who was the featured speaker this afternoon.

My only regret is that I had to leave this great party before hearing Betty tell her stories of flying aircraft in 1943-44.

Thanks to Bernie White and the staff at Masonic Homes for putting together a very nice event for those folks to whom we owe just about everything.