Thursday, November 19, 2009

Be Still and Know That I Am God

I won't be blogging for the rest of the weekend. My two brothers and I (Mark on the left and Mike in the middle) are going on a silent retreat.

I first went on this retreat in 1987, and have missed maybe a handful of years since then. For me, it is a time of reflection, rest and renewal - something I'm especially looking forward to in this busy year.

The blog immediately below this is a story from a retreat in 1997. It is a very personal story for me, and you may not find it meaningful at all. If you do read it, however, I think you'll understand why I posted it and hope you will excuse my digression.

During this weekend, I will have many opportunities to pray for my brothers in the Craft. I certainly would appreciate it if you would remember me in your applications to Deity this weekend, as well.