Friday, November 13, 2009

Duluth Scottish Rite Dinner



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I had another memorable evening last night when I attended the Duluth Valley of Scottish Rite Fall Dinner, Guest Night and Awards Night. Over 170 brothers and guests were piped into the dining hall where we were served a sumptuous meal prepared by Euclid Chapter 56 of the Order of the Eastern Star and the Daughters of the Nile, and served by the brothers of Euclid Lodge No. 198 and the Duluth Chapter of DeMolay. During dinner, we were entertained by Nancy Elaine Anderson at the piano.

I was thrilled to be present when Ill. Bro. Glenn Liljegren was presented with the Grand Cross Court of Honor by Sovereign Grand Inspector General Jerry Oliver. (See related blog today.)

I was just as thrilled to learn that 12 Scottish Rite Masons had brought 17 prospective members to see what Scottish Rite Masonry is all about. (That did not include my guest, "Grand Pilot" Carl Iliff, who will complete his Scottish Rite petition for degrees next week!)

This was my first trip back to Duluth after the memorial service for W.B. Tony Keane. I was so pleased to see that Candace was able to join us for the evening. While I know I cannot miss Tony like his family and his Duluth Brothers, I do miss him a lot.

Congratulations to the Duluth Valley of Scottish Rite for a great evening!