Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tolerance Awareness Tuesday

The Scottish Rite of Masonry has several degrees that specifically relate to the issue of Tolerance. For instance, in the 20th Degree, the following is found:

Let the great light of toleration shine in our lodge. Toleration that fears to usurp God's prerogative, and holds that every man has an estate in fee in his opinions, and the absolute, ample right of free enjoyment. Let there be light!

When the Zuhrah unit lined up for the parade at the Imperial Session in San Antonio, I discovered we were at the San Antonio Scottish Rite Cathedral. The cornerstone of this edifice struck me as profound. I include a photo of it with this entry.

The Craft's emphasis on tolerance and respect is a key reason why I joined and remain an active member in the fraternity. I hope it is for you, too.