Saturday, July 11, 2009

Shrine Imperial Session



Patty and I have returned from the Shrine Imperial Session in San Antonio with many good memories and many new friends. Again, HUGE thanks to the Shrines of Minnesota: Aad, Osman and especially Zuhrah, the temple to which I belong, for making us feel welcome and comfortable during our stay.


Zuhrah and Aad Temples joined for a cruise on the famous San Antonio Riverwalk Sunday evening, followed by a great dinner. On Monday evening, the Zuhrah Drum Corps got on a barge and serenaded downtown San Antonio for nearly an hour. They made a brief stop where a few of us were dining and played us a special tune. They were great!


Tuesday I marched along with Zuhrah 1.5 miles in 95 degree heat. The Drum Corps was fantastic! The reception from Shriners and San Antonians alike along the parade route was phenomenal. It was such a thrill.


Back at the hospitality room, there was a temporary shortage of glasses, so a magic marker was employed to put names on the plastic cups. I said, just put my initials: TGM. “Ah,” said one of the wags present, “The Grand Master!”


Patty and I had a great time. Thanks, Minnesota Shriners!