Saturday, April 3, 2010

Past Grand Masters' Dinner

After the ceremony and business of the Annual Communication, and after the Installation of the new Grand Master, Past Grand Masters, Grand Lodge officers, visiting dignitaries and honored guests are invited to an informal dinner.

Songs are sung, toasts are made, stories are told and friendships solidified. It is a great event.

And my first as a Past Grand Master.

And, the world premier of the "Past Grand Master's Song." It is sung to an old Irish tune "The Wild Rover" (which, coincidentally, was performed by Ring of Kerry the night before!) (Click on the title to see the Clancy Brothers perform this song!)

When I was Grand Master and I rose for to speak,
All the Brothers there present would come to their feet.
But now my term's finished, Grand Honors are o'er
And I'll never play the Grand Master no more.

(Chorus) And it's no, nay, NEVER!
No, nay, never no more
And I'll play the Grand Master
No never, no more.

Well being Grand Master, it is a delight
But you're away from your home just about every night.
And you ride in the car till your back, it is sore,
Then it's time to play the Grand Master no more!

(Chorus)

Well my darlin' wife, shure she says to me,
"You can have one full year for your Freemasonry.
"But when the year's ended and you come through our door,
"You may never play the Grand Master no more!"

(Chorus)